Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1, 2014 Easter 7

John 17: 10-11  (The Message)

Jesus is praying: “10 Everything mine is yours, and yours mine, And my life is on display in them. 11 For I'm no longer going to be visible in the world; They'll continue in the world while I return to you. Holy Father, guard them as they pursue this life that you conferred as a gift through me, So they can be one heart and mind
11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.”

 “The petition that this community of believes be kept in God’s name is in effect a petition that love be the sign and seal of their common life.  Just as love marks the unity of the Father with his Son, and of the Son with his followers, so love shall mark the unity of God’s people and provide the power for their mission.”  From Proclamation

Our unity lies not in our sameness but in our love which transcends, embraces, encourages, applauds differentness.





“Living in love, not sameness, is the mark of unity.”















No comments:

Post a Comment