Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1, 2015 Second Sunday in Lent

Mark 8:34- 35
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.

When I try to find life I end up loosing it.  When I give up trying to find it or save it and simply lose myself in it, I find it.
This is also true of faith .
It is not the purpose of faith to take all the uncertainty out of life.  To have all the answers; to save life from its human experience of surprise, shock, disillusionment, fear, doubt, perplexity, confusion and all the rest of the uncertainties which come our way.  To do so would be to destroy the human experience of life.
For it is in the face of the uncertainties of life that we discover the truth that life is to be found by getting lost - lost in something bigger then ourselves.  Lost in living as one who is following Jesus.







“He who would take all the
uncertainty out of life, will lose it.
 He who would live with uncertainty,
 in faith, will find it.”







Prayer thought for the week: “Lord, help me to get lost in something bigger
then myself, so I can find life and live it.  Help me get lost in being a servant of love, following Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment