Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 4, 2015 19th Sunday After Pentecost

Mark 10:13-16  (The Message)
13 The people brought children to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. 14 The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus was irate and let them know it: "Don't push these children away. Don't ever get between them and me. These children are at the very center of life in the kingdom. 15 Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." 16 Then, gathering the children up in his arms, he laid his hands of blessing on them.

The Kingdom of God is ours as a gift - all we have to do is accept it,
openly, freely, confidently, joyfully, like a child.

It isn’t difficult for a child to accept a gift - it is a natural response, often with joy.  The child doesn’t think about deserving the gift; the child just accepts the gift.

A child also has a great capacity to trust.  When we trust we believe the offer of a gift, and  accept the gift without thought to why or how or why me?  The gift doesn’t depend on me.  It is freely given out of love; like a child I can accept  it, in love.  And live in confidence knowing no matter what, I am loved!








Prayer thought for the week:
“Lord, keep me mindful today and every day
that I am loved as a child and can trust in
your never ending grace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment