Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7, 2017 Easter 4


John 10:10

"I have come that you might have life, and have it abundantly."     Jesus

In the book, “The Little Prince”, the following conversion takes place between a boy and a fox:    The fox is speaking to the boy:

“I have no need for you, and you, on your part, have no need of me.  To you, I am
nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes.  But if you tame me, then we will need each other.  To me, you will be unique in all the world.
To you, I shall be unique in all the world.”

That’s the key to an abundant life, to be unique to someone!
And when that someone is God, life is abundant indeed!

God won’t live our lives for us; God will live our lives with us.
This is the uniqueness of faith, which becomes "a power and passion in authority
among the powers and passions of life."  P. T. Forsyth
And opens us up to an abundant life









"Faith is a power and passion in authority
among the powers and passions of life."
P. T. Forsyth










Picture: Bri Sykora

Prayer thought for the week:  “Lord, thank you for making me unique.  Help me to be unique
as I walk my journey in faith, hope, and love.  And may it be with power and passion!”
































No comments:

Post a Comment