Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nov. 26, 2017 Christ The King Sunday

Mt. 25:34-40

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. 35 And here's why: I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, 36 I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37 "Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? 38 And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' 39 40 Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me - you did it to me.”

And what ever else these words mean, they do mean that our faith is to be active in love in ways that not even we are aware, in places we least expect to be doing anything religious and with people we never dreamed would have anything to do with God.

As Mother Terese says -
“At the end of life we will not be judged by
              how many diplomas we have received
      how much money we have made
      how many great things we have done,
We will be judged by
       ‘I was hungry and you gave me to eat
        I was naked and you clothed me
        I was homeless and you took me in.’

Hungry not only for bread - but hungry for love
Naked not only for clothing - but naked for human dignity and respect.
Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks - but homeless because of rejection. This is Christ in distressing disguise.  
What we do to them we do to him!  









”Do you want to be a saint?
Be kind, be kind, be kind.”
A Western Mystic








Prayer thoughts for the week
“Lord, help me to be kind, kinder, kindest.
And my faith be active in love.”




No comments:

Post a Comment