Sunday, April 25, 2021

April 25, 2021 Fourth Sunday of Easter

John 10:14  (The Message)


14 "I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me.


Life is not discovered in things, objects and possessions; life is discovered in all its fullness in being known and in knowing, in relationships!


Herman Wouk, author of “The Caine Mutiny” wrote after his seeming success in finding the fullness of life, 

“It was my lot to reach quite young what many people consider 

the dream life of America:  success by my own efforts,

a stream of dollars to spend, a penthouse in New York,

forays to Hollywood, the companionship of pretty women,

all before l was 24.  There I was in the realms of gold.  

But even as I lived this conventional smart existence 

of inner show business and dreamed the conventional dreams, 

IT ALL SEEMED THIN.”           (Sept, 21, 1959, Time Magazine)


Life is relationships.  It is knowing and being known.  The fullness of life is discovered in the touch of others, and in the touch of the One who came that we might have life. Who calls us by name and knows us intimately, so we can be totally honest with him.  When we hear his voice and follow him we discover life all the way up. 




We will never be fully real until we 

let ourselves fall in love - either

 with another human person 

or with God.”  (or both).

          Thomas Merton






Prayer thought for the week:  “Lord, keep me in touch this week with what is really

important, people not things.  Loving and being loved by both others and      ` You.”





No comments:

Post a Comment