Sunday, December 19, 2021

Dec 19, 2021 Advent 4

Luke 1: 39-45

 39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"


Mary is called “blessed” because she allowed herself to be used as a blessing.  She humbly believed what the Lord said to her and let it be accomplished.


God needed Mary to do God’s will.  God couldn’t have done it, at that time, in that way, without Mary.


God needs us to do God’s will in our world.  As unbelievable as it sounds, there are some things God can not do at this time without us.  To follow God’s lead is to discover God’s blessing.  It comes in the doing, for blessing is a serendipity.  Something which happens in the process of surrendering to God’s will.  There will always be a blessing in doing God’s will.


 



“And Mary said: 

My soul glorifies the Lord            

and my spirit rejoices in God

my Savior, 

for he has been mindful 

of the humble state of his servant. 

From now on all generations 

will call me blessed,’”  

Luke 1:46-48

 



Prayer thought for the day:  “Lord, what is it you cannot do without me?  

Bless me that I might be a blessing and do what only I can do.”















No comments:

Post a Comment