Sunday, May 8, 2022

May 8, 2022 4th Sunday of Easter

John 10:22-25  (The Message) 

22-24 They were celebrating Hanukkah just then in Jerusalem. It was winter. Jesus was strolling in the Temple across Solomon’s Porch. The Jews, circling him, said, “How long are you going to keep us guessing? If you’re the Messiah, tell us straight out.”

25 Jesus answered, “I told you, but you don’t believe. Everything I have done has been authorized by my Father, actions that speak louder than words. 


The request  “tell us straight out” sounds legitimate, fair, reasonable, even honest.  But it isn’t.  It is loaded, bias, suspicious, deceptive.  A trap to catch Jesus and prove his blasphemy.  They did not want to hear what Jesus was saying, in word and deed.  They wanted the “plain truth” which was less than the truth Jesus lived.  They wanted Jesus  truth to fit their truth and his was far different from theirs.


And what is this truth?  It is hidden in Jesus actions which speak louder than words

At it’s core it is that God loves you and me and everyone - “red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight.”  


And also that God includes those we exclude - and if God excludes anyone, it is not for me to say who that will be. It appears from Scripture that it will be those who reject the way of love which Jesus taught and choose to make God exclusive, judging who will make it and who won’t.  This I cannot do.  I am not God and I am not able to grasp how far God’s  love goes to be inclusive





"Jesus loves the different people,

of the world. 

Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Jew,

They are precious to him too.

Jesus loves the different people 

of the world."











Prayer thought for the week:  “Lord, help me to accept what I cannot change - that your love is inclusive.  Then help me be inclusive in my thinking and acting, daring to leave judgement in your hands.















No comments:

Post a Comment