Sunday, November 2, 2014

Nov. 2, 2014 Pentecost 21



Matthew 23:12
“All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Humility - the quality of being able to live so as to not call attention to myself in ways which set me apart from, above, even superior to others.
Not something I can fake; nor is it something I can create.
It comes from a good self image and a willingness to lose oneself in service to others.
       And it comes from grace - living with the awareness that I don’t deserve all I get.
Life and all in it is a gift more than a right!

A negative sense of humility:
“I do not drink; I do not smoke; and I am not interested in cards or games.
As for the love of the table, I don’t appreciate it.  In every hour of my life it is the
spiritual element which leads me on.  I have annihilated in myself every
egoism.  I feel that all (people) understand and love me; I know that only he is loved
        who leads without weakness, without deviation, and with disinterested and full faith.:  
                                                                                 Mussolini - Autobiography

A positive sense of humility:
“Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.”
C.S. Lewis






A humble person is a person who knows
no one makes it but by the grace of God.














Prayer thoughts for the week:
“Lord, keep me humble so you can use me.
Help me remember all is a gift before it is a right.
A gift of grace, which is ‘receiving what I don’t deserve’.”








No comments:

Post a Comment