Sunday, October 26, 2014

Oct. 26, 2014 Pentecost 20

Matt 22:34-40  (The Message)

34 When the Pharisees heard how he had bested the Sadducees, they gathered their forces for an assault. 35 One of their religion scholars spoke for them, posing a question they hoped would show him up: 36 "Teacher, which command in God's Law is the most important?" 37 Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' 38 This is the most important, the first on any list. 39 But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' 40 These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

No one can be commanded to love.
We have to be loved to be able to love.
God loves; therefore we can too!

We love God through loving others as we love ourselves.
Love of self is necessary if we are to love others.
For when I look in the mirror and don’t like what I see, you’re in trouble.





When I look in the mirror
and like what I see, you
are in for a smile.










Prayer thoughts for the week:
“Lord, you love me so I can love myself and others;
help me put a smile on someone’s face every day.”










No comments:

Post a Comment